The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1997 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1997 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 669 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Anime & Manga v

Genshiken

Genshiken
Well as of late, the latest anime I've watched happen to be an Anime based on the Japanese Otaku. Genshiken or other wise known as The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture.

It an intresting anime to watch, because it has no given Plot and only 12 episodes long. The story is based around the members of a college group known as Genshiken, Their intrests range from Strange to somewhat normal. Each member of the club has their own intrests, To me my fave member would be Kanji Sasahara, because I believe we share the same overall intrests in the anime, manga and Japanese world.......

Overall I wish it was longer.... nice story but need a little more punch to it overall.
I am a Member, Not a Number!!!

[Image: banner4.gif]
Saw Genshiken when it was first airing (i.e. a very long time ago as far as my memory's concerned) and I enjoyed it. It was great to see a series that makes fun of its industry, itself, otaku and anime stereotypes, and its own audience, although I admit I didn't get a number of the in-jokes and references. You could just about use the series to test otaku-ness...

Don't remember her name, but the blonde girl was my favourite character to watch. Her horror at discovering her sweetheart was an otaku, at what the other otaku members in the club do, and her refusal to be like them... brilliant.
Just because it's in the thesaurus doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And why isn't 'dethesaurisation' in the dictionary?
You mean Saki Kasukabe, Kohsaka's girlfriend. Not an otaku, and does not enjoy being involved in otaku activities. Dragged into Genshiken by her boyfriend and blackmailed by the Genshiken president into joining in. Saves the Genshiken from being closed in one occasion.

Genshiken was good, but nothing special. It was different, as Blue stated, it made fun of the steoro-type anime fan and otaku. I did get a few of the jokes, but most of the time I was left wonder. Of course, not able to understand the jokes told half of the time did take away from some entertainment of the series for me. Regardless, I still watched the entire series and enjoyed it.

Remember who Saki cosplay as during the final episode? Wink

Also, if you don't know, that anime the club is really in love, is a real anime called Kujibiki Unbalance by Media Factory, who also did Genshiken. If you're interested in this series, just know that Media Factory does not support fan-sub, because they made legit fan-sub remove their product as if it was licensed in American, which most of the animes are not.
I just heard on the Grapevine that there might be a secoand season of Genshiken produced, I'll have a little look to see if what I've heard is true or not

Sounds good the series Big Grin
- The wind blows through my soul as the whispers enchants my heart.
Genshiken Season 2 Announced. Media Factory announced at Comiket 69 that a second season of Genshiken will premiere in October

That's all I could find....Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

I watched the Dub verson today of episode One which came free with this months copy of Newtype. I really can't say that I'm impressed by it at all, they seemed to be lackust to what I watched in the original Japanese verison, Five guys like that arn't charged at all.....

Mind you the manga steaderly improving with the last VOL, loving little Ogiue-chan. I was in sitchs when they did the hazing process on her by leaving all thoses yaoi doujinsh on the table for her to find, then of all people saki walks in..... I just can't believe that girl got thrown out the manga clubs window.....
Mind you what scared me most was Kousaka attempt at Cos-play.....