The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1997 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1997 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 669 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Anime & Manga v

Series you watched but ended up dropping

Series you watched but ended up dropping
With all the good series we watch, there's bound to be ones where we find it unbearable to continue watching so what anime series have you started in but ended up dropping it or giving up on it?

The most recent one I know I've dropped is Da Capo. I watched up to 14 episodes of it before deciding to give it the flick since the story wasn't that interesting and I started hating most of the characters. I really disliked Nemu for some reason, maybe it had to do with her attitude towards her non-blood related brother treating him like he was her property. The story was the typical non-blood related siblings relationship journey with mishaps and misunderstandings. I've seen other series similar to this where I at least managed to finish it and had an interest to the story while this one was an absolute sleeper.

Next is Full Metal Panic! Second Raid. I really did have high expectations for this since I really enjoyed the action and drama of the first series as well as the comedy in Fumoffu but somehow this failed to live up to its two predecessors. I got as far as episode 8 before giving up on it. Not sure what was wrong with it since it did have a lot of action and fighting scenes but I felt like something was missing in this sequel that made me enjoy the first series.

And here's the rest that I could think of.
One Piece - got through to 16 episodes in its uncut form, couldn't stand Lufy's personality
Bleach - watched 12 episodes before dropping it
Evangelion (XD) - only managed 2 episodes, actually fell asleep by the end of the second lol.
[Image: mesho-san.gif]
Bakuretsu Tenshi, dropped after watching the Rei-alike shooting off rockets with her desert eagles while doing a back flip in the first ep.

Bleach (manga), dropped after the Soul Society part, when things started to look like Dragon Ball with katanas.

I can't remember more

[Image: signaturetacc6vq.jpg]
Military Intelligence are two contradictory words
i always try not to drop so i even its painful to watch i must live though it. so far Ive been successful on my way.
They call me Tacx

[Image: 548834gymhg4ynca.gif]
Naruto, Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist.

I watched the pilots of each show and was just wondering what the fuck is going on.
Neon Genesis, samurai X, and some other one i remember but i dont know what it was called, all i remember was that one of the charactors name was tetsool or something like that, and 2 motorbikes.

i stopped watching those 3 because they got boring, i got about 3/4 through Neon genesis, 3 episodes of samurai X, and about 7-8 eps of the one that i cant remember
[Image: kin37ik_best.jpg]
I thought of Akira when you said that name and 2 motorbikes but Akira is a movie XD
I saw Gasaraki ages ago on SCI-FI but i didnt like it much Stick Out Tongue
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
eureka 7 2 episodes deep lost interest read or die was another one i made an attempt at watching and just couldn't hold my interest
What I thought I'd do was.....
[Image: FMALaugh.jpg]
"Ed, I dont think thats how its supposed to go"
Ghost in the Shell- Archtype
Full Metal Alchemist- Yesterday
Like Tacx I try not to drop series, but I dropped Clannad, Gungrave and Ergo Proxy after only a handful of episodes of each.

I didn't like the art or animation for Clannad, and the story seemed predictable, cliche and melodramatic. Gungrave was just overdone action with thin plot. Ergo Proxy was too...edgy...for me. It just tried too hard; moody, disjointed art, moody, disjointed story, moody, disjointed characters...of the three it's the one I'm most likely to go back to, but I've tried it multiple times and still can't get into it.
we must endure, accept your pain and be one with it, widen your mind and keep it open for we are... uhhhmmmmmmmmmm anyways we must endure, just feel it.
They call me Tacx

what a waste of time.

[Image: signaturetacc6vq.jpg]
Military Intelligence are two contradictory words
I've dropped quite a lot of stuff before, usually episodes of a new series coming out in Japan that just didn't appeal. Case in point, Nabari no Ou. Episode 4 of that was so boring, I turned it off after ten minutes. It smacks of Evangelion (the emo apathetic lead) mixed with Naruto (ninjas) and Bleach (character designs), and not in any good way. Also dropped Clannad for pretty much the same reasons as spinkle gave.

If anyone else is watching it, however, feel free to try to persuade me to carry on with it.... There are also some series that I dropped the first time but watched and enjoyed at a later date, although no titles are springing to mind.
Just because it's in the thesaurus doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And why isn't 'dethesaurisation' in the dictionary?
@mav: i know its a watse of time but i dont want to put my money into watse by not watching it, but their not so bad once you get used to the pain it will go naturally.
They call me Tacx

Too many to count.

I've also watched too many bad series, because I watched a number of episodes and felt it would have been a waste not to finish the series.
@Tacx - you buy the animes in bootleg discs I assume? I always thought you download them since it felt like you could get some series so quickly lol.
[Image: mesho-san.gif]