The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Network Forums > The Bubblegum Crisis Center v

Bubblegum Crisis - The Complete Collection LD Box

Bubblegum Crisis - The Complete Collection LD Box
Hey everybody, I just joined this forum to show everyone this RARE Bubblegum Crisis set I bought when I lived in Japan in 1997 through 1999. It came out I think in 1998 when Laserdisc was still very popular in Japan.

I was a big BGC fan then, and when I saw the advertisement in the local Yamagiwa Soft store that the "BGC Complete Collection Boxed Set" was coming out I freaked. It was $300 USD but I got it anyhow.

Anyhow, here are the pictures. I've searched the internet for photos of this set but I've never seen any anywhere.

The set contains all the episodes totally remastered, with "Hurricane Live" and the "Bye Bye Knight Sabers Holiday in Bali." Each laserdisc has one episode per side.

There are also nine collector trading cards and a large glossy art book with concept sketches and photos from the anime. What's even cooler is tons of Japanese text, presumably interviews and documentary stuff about the making of the series. I can't read it and never got it translated.

Let me know what you think!

[Image: DSC04157.jpg]

[Image: DSC04142.jpg]

[Image: DSC04152.jpg]
Wow, that's pretty damn sweet. Have you got a scanner? I'd love to get scanned pics of these to put into BGCC.

(and welcome to C3F Stick Out Tongue)
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
Send me an e-mail and let me know where I can send you the scans! I'll gladly get you as much as I can.

Here's some more cool shots.

[Image: DSC04145.jpg]

[Image: DSC04143.jpg]

[Image: DSC04144.jpg]
Awsome!

(and welcome to C3F)
[Image: kin37ik_best.jpg]
I sent in a quick e-mail to Robert Woodhead at AnimEigo, and he was pretty impressed. Surprisingly, he didn't know any details about the set either.

The episodes as they appear on the Laserdiscs are clearly remastered, they look fantastic.

I asked him if these were the masters obtained by AnimEigo for their current BGC remastered DVD set. He didn't know. He said it was possible that the Japanese studio gave him the remastered masters prior to AnimEigo putting out its set.

Considering the LD boxed set came out in Japan at the tail end of 1997, I wouldn't be surprised if these are the transfers currently available through AnimEigo, but there's no real way to tell for sure.

I found almost all of AnimEigo's products on http://www.rightstuf.com for rock bottom prices, including Bubblegum Crisis, so I ordered the DVDs. When I get them I will compare them and let you know just for the heck of it.
Actually, there was a Japanese DVD release of the remastered set of Bubblegum Crisis which is where AnimEigo got their set from.
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
Some rare BGC stuff shown first on the C3F? =P
Welcome Omega XD
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
Thanks for all the welcomes. I wasn't aware of the BGC Japanese DVDs, but then again I probably wasn't around for those! When I got back to the states, DVD had just started taking off.

I'm going to scan everything I can, which I will provide to the admin. I'm sure you will be pretty excited to see all the stuff once it gets posted up.
Great find that you have there especially the book with the drawings.

It is a bit different then my set of BGC LDs. I couldn't get a box set but was able to find each original LD separately. Your LD covers appear pretty similar to the ones I have.

As for the summary book, it appears similar to the info in the BGC B-club book.

Regardless, still a great find.
FYI, I compared the remaster quality on the 1998 Complete Collection Laserdisc Boxed set and it's the same one used on the most recent AnimEigo DVD remastered edition.

I also compared the Complete Collection Laserdisc quality to the original AnimEigo VHS releases and the difference is like night and day. The original transfers used on the VHS suffered from being way too dark, and the colors were extremely washed out.

The remastering job done by Youmex for the 1998 LD set was provided to AnimEigo for their DVD mastering. Anything previous to the 1998 LD set is the original lackluster transfer.