The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Music v

Gwen Stefani - L.A.M.B Album Review

Gwen Stefani - L.A.M.B Album Review
I was never much of a No Doubt fan back in the days when they had Gwenny but having listened to her own album, I gotta say I'm impressed. OK I wasn't really into What You Waiting For when it came out but the more I saw the music video for it, the more I got into the song. The rest of the songs she released were alright, though Hollaback Girl got kind annoying after awhile. I'm gonna give a track by track view of her album.

L.A.M.B (Love Angel Music Baby)

1. What You Waiting For

Like I said, at first I didn't take much notice to it but eventually this song grew on me. I can't exactly say why I like it but it's just one of those songs that can grow on you after awhile.

2. Rich Girl (Feat. Eve)

Kinda caribbean/jamaican feel song. Eve was pretty mediocre in this track since her rap was kinda bland. I felt the music video of this song was kinda funny, especially near the end.

3. Hollaback Girl

Probably one of 2005's most annoying song (only second to that Crazy Frog song) it has one of those choruses where you would get kind of annoyed by the 6th or 7th listen. This song relies alot on the heavy beats and corny verses and of course annoying choruses which would get stuck into your head.

4. Cool

Many No Doubt fans say this track is the closest one that even feels like a No Doubt song. Like What You Waiting For, it takes a couple of listens before you can get into the song. It's a sort of feel-good song after breakups or accepting that you've moved on. This track has grown on me alot since and has become one of my all time favourites of the album.

5. Bubble Pop Electric

I don't really listen to this track as much as the ones above but if you're into electric guitar type of music, you may like this.

6. Luxurious

The RnB track on the album. The one on the album doesn't contain the awful rap from Slim Thug (thank god!). When I first listened to the album, this track was one of my most played ones but because I listen to the RnB genre, it's probably why I liked it. Those who can't stand RnB or dislike it won't probably like (or will hate) this track.

7. Harajuku Girls

Despite seeing them in Gwen's music videos, they get some attention on this track. You may have some pre-conceived notions about Gwen's fascination with these girls but here she explains why. This track is actually pretty good. It contains a catchy intro and the bridge of the song is outstanding (well at least to me) where they use the harp strings to give the song a Japanese/Asian feel.

8. Crash

I only listened to this track about 2-3 times so I can't really say much about it, I honestly feel this track is a filler which probably explains why I listen to it so little.

9. The Real Thing

Definitely a favourite track of mine. Sort of 80's disco track but has a ballad-y type of lyrics and melody. It's a great song to sing and dance along to. My 2nd most favourite track on the album.

10. Serious

Another filler song like Crash where I don't listen to it that much.

11. Danger Zone

Like Serious and Crash, I feel it's a filler song but unlike those two this one has an alright chorus but I still don't listen to it as much.

12. Long Way To Go (With Andre 3000)

This is probably the most unique/weird song on the album. The melody and beats are...sort of crazy like Missy Elliott's Lose Control. I'm not that surprised by it's weirdness seeing it involves Andre 3000 from Outkast. Most would probably have a hard time listening to this song.

13. The Real Thing (Wendy & Lisa Slow Jam Mix)

The BEST track from the album in my opinion. Unlike the original this track is changed from a 80's disco type feel to a great acoustic mix, one where you would listen to it at the beach or in the park. It's a soft slow track and a good way to end the album. *Sidenote* This track appears as a International bonus track and is not on the original US Version.

There you have it, my track by track review of Gwen's album. Overall I give the album a 8/10 as I liked the majority of the album. It's one of my many guilty pleasures lol.
[Image: mesho-san.gif]