The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Anime & Manga v

Eh, just a question.... please don't hit me....

Eh, just a question.... please don't hit me....
Has anyone watched Tsubasa? a.k.a. Chronicle of the Wings (I think)... One of my friends is bugging me to watch it, so I looked it up on the Net and realized "Oh, this is that seemingly-crappy title I saw advertised on the back of my Ragnarok manwha." And then, I saw the summary... "EHHHHHH????" coz it's like Clamp ran out of character ideas and put together all the old ones.

Now, the real question I need answered is: Would you recommend that I watch it?

Consider that:
1. I hate Sakura. CCS was fine as an anime, and I watched all the episodes, but Sakura Kinomoto, I just hate her. And in Wings, she seems much more useless that usual.
2. I loved Syaoran's character in CCS. And I wished he was the new master of the Clow instead.
3. The only Clamp anime that really entertained me was Chobits.
4. I'm not an idiot, I've seen and realized the cross-over character thingies in Clamp anime before; like I-chan in Chobits and Angelic Layer, and Hikaru in MKR and Angelic Layer. I thought those crossovers turned out well.
5. I love adventure/fantasy/action anime. No more than a spoonful of drama please.

Thank you.
[Image: soulsiggy.gif]

~ You're gonna die screaming but you won't be heard. ~

One sec, I know someone who could answer your questions to the letter *goes to get Shannon*
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
Ah, thanks for the forward, Lynk xD

Quote:coz it's like Clamp ran out of character ideas and put together all the old ones.
CLAMP has actually been wanting to do a cross-over series since they first started out as manga-ka. TRC was a long time coming, and has nothing to do with the group running out of ideas. It's really easy to see how important TRC is to CLAMP when you consider that they even put X on hold for it, as well as their newer series Kobato and Legal Drug, if I'm not mistaken.

As to whether or not you'd enjoy it... well, I can tell you that TRC is not gender-specific. It runs in Shonen Magazine, but is in fact unisex. I suppose this means there's a good balance of action and actual plot. There isn't "drama", per se... I mean, it's not like Sakura goes sleeping around with everyone and Syaoran gets all hurt and they have a big fight, etc. It's more like development in the plot. So, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by drama; is it like the Furuba type?

I'm really confused as to why you hate Sakura (I didn't realize there was really anything to hate), but she has certainly matured in Tsubasa, if that's what you disliked. Syaoran is also indeed the main character of the series, so if you really liked him I would recommend the series to you. However, his personality is quite different... he might be unrecognizable. Sick Basically, there is CCS!Syaoran-Presakura, and CCS!Syaoran-Postsakura. TRC!Syaoran is post (sentimental, devoted, etc.)

In all, I would not recommend Tsubasa to you, especially if the only CLAMP series you liked was Chobits. The reason I say this is because I noticed Chobits was quite different for CLAMP, and while Tsubasa isn't necessarily "repackaged", it's definitely more akin to what I would consider "CLAMP". There's also no Hideki thus far, which bugs even me. Frown

But if you do go for it, I'd recommend watching the first episode and then skipping to the second season... in all honesty, the first season of Tsubasa sucks the big one!
[Image: sig.jpg]
ねえ ふたりは 同じなのかな?
Thanks ^^ if I can borrow it somewhere I'll check it out.

Sakura, I dislike her because of her annoying expressions like "Eeee...." or something like that, it bugs me. And that episode where she "got a haircut" and everyone thought it was cute... Sorry for using the word 'hate', I don't really hate her. She just annoys me. Not that she's immature (she's a kid in CCS after all), but the "Eeeeee...." really gets to me.

As for Syaoran, he's fine however (pre or post Sakura)... as long as he doesn't woo her while biting a red rose O_o

Drama, I thought something like Fushigi Yuugi, coz they're all grown up and stuff... but I guess Clamp would've been daft to do that to their characters :P just wanted to make sure though.

On a sidenote, my sis is curious, "Chii is there? I wonder what she looks like?" coz her character design is different from CCS' eh.
[Image: soulsiggy.gif]

~ You're gonna die screaming but you won't be heard. ~