The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "stars" - Line: 294 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 294 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Anime & Manga v

So how good is Noir?

So how good is Noir?
...cus i broke down and bought the box set yesterday, havent opened it yet

heard it was, how Cracken puts things, secksi Dozey
[Image: Osaka_march.gif]
Starts off a little slow but then picks up about halfway into the series. Be warned though, some scenes are awfully quiet and a number of characters are emotionless. Certain scenes are also replayed over and over again in a number of episodes but it is answered slowly as the series progresses. There's not much fanservice with this anime, if hardly any at all, the closest is probably a shower and bathing scene where they don't even show that much details of the ladies figures and a scene where Mirielle & Kirika are at a beach but the women seem pretty dominent through out the story.

I thought I was going to end up hating this series but I actually liked it, particularly towards the climax of the series where the tension and adrenaline builds up into a big action packed conclusion. It's also amazing yet ironic how both Mirielle & Kirika handle their guns and use certain things to fight against their enemy without getting a scratch on them most of the time one episode had a great concept with the use of popcorn.

Overall an enjoyable series if you can get past the downright silent scenes and emotionless characters. the final scene will probably make you wonder what actually happened or what it was supposed to mean.
[Image: mesho-san.gif]
One of my favourite series. Mireille and Kirika are complex, difficult to define characters and it's fascinating to watch their changing attitudes towards each other, their past and their roles. The artwork seems fairly simple and stylised, almost to the point of sparing, but the animation and the music (when used) are excellent. Salva Nos is one of my favourite pieces, but I can't listen to it when I'm driving XD

If you like a good (if rather fantastical) storyline, scenes and characters left open to your interpretation, and can live with the high body count yet total lack of blood, then you should enjoy Noir.
Just because it's in the thesaurus doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And why isn't 'dethesaurisation' in the dictionary?
I've still yet to watch the complete set of Noir I bought almost 2 months ago XD
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
*pokes Lynk with the cattle prod of anime doom*

Stop procrastinating, and get watching! Fool Stick Out Tongue
Just because it's in the thesaurus doesn't mean it's a good idea.

And why isn't 'dethesaurisation' in the dictionary?
it started off too slow for me, and I got bored. Seemed like a good idea tho.
Gigantic Unilateral Numerous Dominating Ammuntion Fortress

"Transhumanism is about how technology will solve the problems inherent in the human condition. Cyberpunk is about how it won't."
It's okay... I'm more into flashy CG-effects - which this one didn't have, and I think the only problem I have is... the way flashbacks get played over and over again, particularly the Intoccabille eps... *gah*

But for some reason... I like this series... good soundtrack, but I like Melodie best... followed by Indio. I can see why it would be... perilous (not just for the driver, but for pedestrians too!) to listen to Salva Nos whilst driving... <.<
My Parents Stole My Soul
The MPSMS Group
Noir is complex, very emotional at times (especially in the beginning) and fascinating. You really have to take your time to watch and digest it to get the full effect. I was so emotionally attached to it after watching the first DVD multiple times that I didn't dare going further until ONE YEAR had passed - turned out that DVD 2 already ups the pace, action and humor a bit so that it's not as heavy for the mind as it seems to be at the start. In fact, Noir simply tells a great story and some of the battles are very tensing. It's also fun to discover the full plot after seeing more and more of the repeating scenes throughout the series, especially if you made up your own clues and then find out whether they are right or wrong.