The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Anime & Manga v

Anime Con's Eccentric Confessions

Anime Con's Eccentric Confessions
Okay? Lynky-boy had his wacky out of the world adventures in the General Forum, I been meaning to record my weird and wonderful Convention stories from the past two years.

Anyone welcome to post stories of their adventures to Anime conventions here as long as madly entertaining and worthwhile?. XP

Okay the First convention I ever attended was in the year 2004, God has it been that long already ><; seems only like yesterday I was running around like a headless chicken. Anyway being the only one from my college who was an anime fan, I was the only one attending by myself. Thank god really, didn?t need to drag anyone along to Ame-Con.

Anyway after one coach journey and shot Bus hop later I was standing in the outer area of the University of Leicester Campus. Walking up hill with a bag full of Cloths and Anime Crap I hope some fools would buy at the Bring and Buy?. [No such luck on my stuff] After double checking the map I had printed and the information they sent me I went to the registrations desk I was assigned too? Took 20 minutes for me to reach the front of the queue. That not what pissed me off! I was assigned a room in the further Dorm in the assigned area of the Convention. Also on the top floor with no lift!!! My arms were a good five inches longer after I got to my room.

After a brief change of cloths I made my way round the Campus area and started to mingle with my fellow con goers, a wide range of Cos-players were in attendance. Including a couple who dressed up as Rouge and Gambit from the X-men XD?.

After a while, I decided as I was attending alone, I thought I?ll help out, so I enlisted as a Gopher!! Best decision I ever made!

As a Gopher we got sweet deals, as the opening ceremony began we were allowed 20 minutes early into the dealers Room, SWEET!

Then basically I went to my assigned video room, which was suppose to be showing BGC 2040, But turned out also to be a bar area?. And someone forgot to get a TV and DVD player set up?. XP ended up getting an early screening of ?Get Backers? I was the one who pressed play one the one day early British screening of the Show XD.

Amway Best things come last, during the late afternoon hours I was snacking on a few bars of sweets in the Gopher lounge when the Head of Security Gophers come in and ask for all the help he can get?
Earlier in the day, when the Dealers were moving their goods into the room, he had to set up a barrier to stop one or two dolt dealers blocking all the access. His Barriers were Sticks taped to brick holding up Rope. Well they became known as Brick on Sticks the Gopher Hammer of Justices or something like that? Well one con goers decided to nick one and we were worried that it might be used to hurt someone as a weapon, so we paraded up and down the campus like forensic police looking for clues. In the end we didn?t find it until the last day when it was returned to the Convention operation officer?. No one knows who stole it to this day, but I believe it got autographed by Monica Rial? I got a photo somewhere? I?ll have a look for it!!!

More convention stories to come!
I am a Member, Not a Number!!!

[Image: banner4.gif]