The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 866 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 866 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 938 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 816 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 451 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 774 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 885 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 885 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 938 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 816 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 451 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 774 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Videogames v

Bloodless No More Heroes

Bloodless No More Heroes
I've just learnt that the European and possibly the Australian version of No More Heroes will be just like the Japanese version in that it will cut out the blood and replace it with the badguys puffing into a cloud of black smoke....

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=19936

http://gonintendo.com/?p=31103

So, since this worries me greatly, I've decided to send off an email to the European distributor...

Lynk Former (email) Wrote:Hi

Recently, I have heard that the European version of No More Heroes will feature no blood and instead the black could effect found in the Japanese version. I am Australian, but I do realise that the Australian industry is tied to the European industry and that whatever affects your region on this matter will end up effecting Australia.

I must say I am extremely disappointed with this turn of events. While I do understand the reasons, I also understand that the videogame industry seems to be made up of cowards who are too afraid to stand up for their art or the art of their fellow game developers. One of the key features in No More Heroes for me was the over the top nature and the stylistic representation. The removal of the blood only serves to insult the game. If you're going to cut things out of the game, you may as well not bother releasing the game at all and not waste your money.

Don't be bullied by people who don't understand the industry. Fight for the games you represent, even if they are developed by someone else. Otherwise, someone like me may decide NOT to buy said game out of protest. If it comes down to it, I'll buy a US Wii and import a US copy of No More Heroes just so I can get a complete and uncut experience, the way it should be.

Please, email them and let them know how you feel about this: richard.barclay@risingstargames.com

Even if you live in the US or don't care about the game at all, email them and let them know this is bullshit. We need to stand up for our videogames!
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
I got a reply to my email...

Quote:Thanks for your e-mail. We know there has been much speculation in the press this week over what some people consider to be the censoring of our brilliant new action RPG, No More Heroes.

We?d like to bring to your attention the recent joint statement by Suda 51 (the game?s writer and director) and Yasuhiro Wada, (President of Marvelous Digital Contents Company) the game?s Japanese publisher regarding the release of No More Heroes in Europe.

?First, let me say how honoured I am that everyone in Europe is expecting No More Heroes. The sales point of this game is action. Both I and Wada san have concentrated on making the best possible action game for the Nintendo Wii. We have chosen to release in Europe the same version as has shipped in Japan considering the broadly growing Wii market.?

So, to be clear, Rising Star Games has not censored No More Heroes. The decision to release the same game as that successfully released in Japan was taken by the game creators.

Here is a link to the joint statement from trade weekly MCV?s site:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29132/Devs-dec...ore-Heroes

Also, please check out these great previews, each highlighting that fundamentally the action, characterisation, story and humour are the key elements to this highly anticipated gaming masterpiece.

Games Radar

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/wii/game/pr...ionId=1001

Gamespot

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/heroes...ks;title;2

Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89321

With regards

Richard Barclay

Your usual PR bullshit.

No More Heroes had blood and decapitations, and everything from the very beginning, the only reason it was censored in Japan is because of the laws taht were passed a few years ago. In Japan, Resident Evil 4 is censored, but outside of Japan you can get the uncut version of it in Europe and Australia (as well as the US)... This is all complete bullshit, I demand to have the game complete and uncut just like Resident Evil 4 and just like Killer7.

That really sucks, an unlike Manhunt 2, there's a lot of fun in No More Heroes under all the cartoon-y gore. I'll tell you what Lynk, pack your bags, move up to the Rock and you can room with my fiance and I. If you can take the bitterly cold winter you can have all the gory games you want.
Crayons are the right of all sentient beings.
Nah, I don't really care about gore in the games, I just don't like the idea of censoring stuff.