The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Fan Art & Fiction v

Manga Toning

Manga Toning
Okay before I really Hijack Bob art thread, I'll thought I'll start my own thread on Manga toning. A lot of Manga artist use Screen toning in their artwork, and since Photoshop 5 came out you could start playing with patterns by scanning your art work in and layering the tones inwards to give it a more professional look.

Since yesterday I been looking for free Download pattens to play around, as you can see from the work I posted it, quite easy. That image took 20 minutes free style. If I was more professional I would have taken a bit more time but from it being my first image I was quite happy with it result

[Image: Princesscopy.jpg]

Is there anyone else here who played with tones, maybe you have some links to some free patterns?

I got a great selection from this site which provides them free of charge, Here
I am a Member, Not a Number!!!

[Image: banner4.gif]
You could try making your own patterns maybe =P
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
Or try not to overdo it...
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
Overdue What?

The toning/patterns XD
The pic above they are a bit to defined maybe =P
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
You want Over done, Try this one Chimm....

Please Excuse me My lady Kubi-chan, but my drawings Suck and yours make a great example to use.

[Image: tonedsxamplecopy-1.jpg]

Hoy... get rid of the brick wall x.x

You've got too much going on all the time, the picture becomes too busy, not every patch of everything needs to be patterned. You need spaces where there's just plain white so that your eyes have time to rest.

This is one of the reasons why I chose to restrict the horizontal size of this website to 760px so that you have the black on the sides so that it doesn't look like there's too much happening on the screen.

Change the background from a brickwall too a light gradient and take the patches off kyub and it'll be great.

And I never understood why I was threatening to ban everyone in that comic XD I'm the one usually encouraging all that kinda jazz lol.
You've read it! You can't unread it!

[Image: nami_sig.gif]
...Sneaks in...

Love it! Now only if I could do that...
*Takes in true essence of comic*

The c3f Dream Team... What Lynk said pretty much Hawk. I'm surprised you didn't dress me down in some kidna camo pattern. Wow, memories...
@Hawkeye... What else you could do is use the free transform tool in PS to bend the tones round the material to create the feeling of volume and contours. There are also sites available where you can download texture brushes for PS to create the look for toning and material and other effects. One site I use is this
http://www.brusheezy.com/

Have a look at this, its something I have been working on. Still WIP

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w227/...dancer.jpg

I haven't shown this anywhere yet, as I am still experimenting with different styles, so this is a first. The clothing and hair were created with custom texture brushes and varying layers and opacities.

There is also a fantastic magazine called ImagineFX. Comes out monthly with a DVD with tutorials and extra goodies, covering everything from comics to anime to photrealism. Only £5.99 for an issue too. If you really want to see your artwork improve I can't recommend it highly enough.

Cheers
[Image: haruka_banner.jpg]
Lol man you give her alot of toning, it overpower her figure.Yell You can still use alot of toning if you want just try to make them a little blurry or try to lower their opacity. The last one i think the background is strong try making it little blurry and it will be ok. ^^
[Image: siggyashe.jpg]