The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 568 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 744 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 744 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 884 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 884 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1124 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2 - Line: 89 - File: inc/plugins/phptpl.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 89 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   {closure}
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php 87 preg_replace_callback_array
/inc/plugins/phptpl.php(70) : eval()'d code 19 phptpl_parsetpl
/inc/functions_post.php 484 phptpl_templates->get
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 816 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 416 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 757 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 757 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 762 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 762 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 800 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 800 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1565 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1565 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 32 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 32 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1597 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 40 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 74 - File: showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1597) : eval()'d code 74 errorHandler->error

The Anime Crisis Center > The Anime Crisis Center Community Forums > Community Forums > Anime & Manga v

reading in too much?

reading in too much?
This is mostly due to Briareos threads. No offense, but it just got me thinking...

Are we reading a little too far into these things? I mean their threads provoke great thought, but there is a point where you, at least I get here anyway, say "it's just an anime...right?"

Now I've had FAR too much experiance at Gundam(dot)com and a few other gundam sites where people take it FAR too seriously, not to mention the fact that they like this seriies over that series and it makes them better than that other person...

And I just wonder, anime, with the exception of a few prominent series, and a few producers like Miyazaki, is for enertainment. Some, like many of Miyazaki movies, Spiritied Away comesto mind, make a very, um, blunt point about people and the state of the world. Which is great.

But there are times where some shows that intend to only make a small point, or just seem to be making a point but really arent and people just go on and on about how they were very convoludedly trying to make some amazing, life-defining point.

For me, I've hated many aspects of english classes because I perfer to enjoy books rather than interpret them. So it naturally works the same for me when I see similar things going on about anime. I feel it largely strips the show of the fact that it IS designed to entertain and turns it into a politics class where debates rage forth on wether or not Askua's boobs are a social commentary on german girls(who really dont have red hair that often.)

So what do you thinks?

Now I'll add that Briareos, this is in no way against your threads, they provoke good thought, I mean, heck, they made me think up all this.
Gigantic Unilateral Numerous Dominating Ammuntion Fortress

"Transhumanism is about how technology will solve the problems inherent in the human condition. Cyberpunk is about how it won't."
Well with animes, I generally watch it for the entertainment value out of it but there are certain series which, to me, that makes me think about various things.

His & Her Circumstances is one example. On the surface it may just look like a comedy/romance anime but actually it deals with alot of issues in life (such as Tsubasa's issue with her dad's re-marriage) and makes me think of how lucky we sometimes are. The story of Miyazawa's father and their mother was greatly executed as it was quite sad yet touching of how they got together, the words of Yukino's mother something along like "you're grandpa was happy enough to just be born" was the deepest memory for from the series. Another line that hit deep in my mind was something Asaba said about his parents, "there are some people who you just never get along with". I have to reveal here that those words reminded me of my family issues and rang true. There really are some people in my family who I just don't get along with. Honestly, I think His & Her Circumstances is the perfect example of an anime to show a number of issues that we deal with in life.
[Image: mesho-san.gif]